Distilled in 2013 from the 2012 harvest, the Octomore 10.3 has been brought home by farmer James Brown. Taking on the challenge of growing Islay Barley, he braces the conditions of the wet and wild west coast to combine an exploration of Islay terroir and stratospheric smoke.
For the first time, the .3 is matured for six aged years but crucially only in ex-American oak. These top-quality casks have gently coaxed this Octomore spirit into life in Warehouse 16, next to our 10.1 edition. The components of our 10.1 and 10.3 are so similar, the distinct flavour difference must be owed to the barley’s respective growing location.
- MALTED TO 114PPM
- DISTILLED IN 2013 FROM THE 2012 HARVEST
- 100% OCTOMORE FARM, ISLAY GROWN CONCERTO BARLEY – SINGLE FIELD, SINGLE FARM, SINGLE VINTAGE
- MATURED ENTIRELY ON ISLAY FOR SIX YEARS
- FULL TERM MATURATION IN FIRST FILL AMERICAN WHISKEY CASKS FROM JIM BEAM, HEAVEN HILL, BUFFALO TRACE AND JACK DANIELS
- BOTTLED UNCHILL-FILTERED AND COLOURING FREE AT BRUICHLADDICH DISTILLERY, 61.3% ALC. / VOL
- LIMITED TO 24,000 BOTTLES