Octomore has always challenged convention. Many preconceived ideas about whisky have been overturned but perhaps the most provocative stigma still to be shattered is that which surrounds age.
Distilled from Scottish barley in 2016, this three year old Octomore 10.4 is the youngest ever released, yet the most impressive. Standing alone in any heavyweight line-up, the depth, balance and composure of this Virgin Oak release is astounding.
Twenty-eight casks cut from Limousin oak have been subjected to a high toast before making their way to Warehouse 12 for filling. Their high tannic impact is subsided by a high toast level which gives way to a dry fruit character that is impeccably well-rounded.
- MALTED TO 88PPM
- DISTILLED IN 2016 FROM THE 2015 HARVEST OF CONCERTO BARLEY
- 100% SCOTTISH BARLEY
- MATURED ENTIRELY ON ISLAY FOR THREE YEARS
- FULL TERM FRENCH VIRGIN OAK MATURATION
- BOTTLED UNCHILL-FILTERED AND COLOURING FREE AT BRUICHLADDICH DISTILLERY, 63.5% ALC. / VOL
- LIMITED TO 12,000 BOTTLES